Supervisor: Property Director
Starting Pay: $50 – 60,000/year
“Exceptional Experiences by Exceptional People”. RED (Resort, Experience and Destination Services) Hospitality and Leisure is a leading provider of vertically integrated resort services and experiences, including watersports, beach, pool, concierge, transportation, and destination management services. Our organization specializes in providing critical guest-facing departments with subject matter experts, passionate associates, and dedicated management.
General Job Description:
The Marine Mechanic will need to provide repairs, services, and maintenance for a specific fleet of vessels, including a 64 foot custom build Gold Coast Yacht and sailing catamaran, Van Dutch luxury speed boat, outboard dinghys and Axopars.
Qualified candidates must have a mechanical aptitude of marine applications (marine diesel engines, Mercury Outboard, Yanmar engines). Must be good with a wide spectrum of diagnostics, trouble shooting, preventative maintenance, electrical, mechanical experience. Must speak and write in the English language. Must be willing to work overtime, nights, some weekends.
We are seeking team members who excel at customer service, enjoy communicating with guests aboard the vessel and have a passion for boating in the islands. RED offers opportunities for the right individuals to grow in a variety of different positions.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Develop and launch a digital software to maintain all vessels maintenance schedules, parts item numbers, inventory and local compliance
• Fully able to execute diesel engine maintenance and repairs, oil changes/injectors/fuel pumps/transmissions and assist with or direct engine change outs.
• Highly skilled in fiberglass repairs and welding
• Possess diagnostics equipment and tools for all engines being serviced
• Diesel mechanic experience
• Expert in marine electrical wiring and replacement of entire consoles
• Train captains and crew on boat maintenance techniques
• Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no immediate supervision.
• Able to diagnose mechanical and electrical malfunctions, recommend proper remedies, and execute or direct repairs of the vessel(s) mechanical and electrical systems.
• Schedule and execute preventive maintenance program on daily, weekly, and monthly basis with the support of other maintenance and engineering staff.
• Responsible for overall upkeep of the vessel and maintenance resources.
• Participate and/ or take a lead role in vessel paint and fiberglass projects as directed
• Maintain necessary tools, filters, and replacement parts on hand as needed.
• Follow regulatory and company safety and pollution prevention policies and procedures.
• Oversee or assist preparing the vessel for all USCG annual inspections and dry docks.
• Maintain a professional demeanor
• Possess thorough knowledge of all company policies, procedures, and Emergency
• Response Activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Sailing captain experience required on vessels larger than 50 feet as well as dive master or above
• Minimum 100 ton RYA offshore license
• Y2 Vessel engineer preferred
• Displays endurance and capacity for a fast pace
• Has a positive attitude regarding people and outcomes.
• Ability to easily adapt to change
• Able to work independently at times and make sound decisions.
• Knows limitations and when to ask for help.
APPLY NOW(opens in a new tab)